Dive Trips in West Palm Beach, Florida
Call us at 561-630-0606 to reserve your spot
We offer daily 2 Tank Dive Trips off the coast of Palm Beach. We have lots of beautiful reefs to choose from, all within 30 minutes of the marina. During our 2 Tank Dive Trip, we either do 2 reef dives, or one wreck and one reef.
A typical trip on the Narcosis has a mixture of divers of all experience levels and interests. Underwater photographers, dive students, turtle lovers, shark seekers and nudibranch fans always want to go in different directions at different speeds. We have some reef sites that are 45-60ft, while others are deeper. If you are a novice and would like to stay in more shallow depths, ask for 60ft reefs when you reserve your spot. In August or September, if you would like to see the Goliath Groupers congregate during their mating season, request to go on a wreck dive.
How do we accommodate this diverse mix on a single trip? Divers are dropped in buddy pairs or small groups on different parts of the reef. Each group has its own dive flag and dives at its own pace. The boat tracks each flag and picks up the divers as they surface. We supply a divemaster for those interested in having a guide in the water with them.
SCUBA Diving Certification
In order to SCUBA dive, you must first be trained. You can either take a introduction class called Discover SCUBA Diving, or you can get your certification card by taking an Open Water Diver class. Once you have your Open Water Diver certification card, you can dive with any dive charter company in the world.
We have several PADI and NAUI instructors on staff, so we can provide the Discover SCUBA Diving intro class or Open Water Certification. All of our classes are private classes - either one-on-one, or with a group of your friends and family. With private instruction you can schedule each part of the class at a time convenient to you.
Safety Sausages and Dive Computers
Dives in West Palm Beach are drift dives because the Gulf Stream ensures that we almost always have current on the reefs. Because of this, divers are required to have a safety sausage and be knowledgeable in its use. If you don’t own one, you may buy one from us on the boat.
All divers need to have a dive computer and should understand how their computer works. If you are renting gear from us, a member of our crew can advise you if you aren’t familiar with the brand.
Fishing and Lobster Season
Many Florida locals like to fish for their dinner, which is a healthy sustainable practice. To ensure safety of all our divers, spear-fishers are always dropped at a good distance away from the other divers. Lobster Season is very popular and runs from late July/early August through March. If you are hunting for fish or lobster, we ask that you show us your valid Florida fishing license. Visit myfwc.com for information on instant licensing.
*Prices are subject to change at any time. 7% Florida sales tax is applied to all totals.
Daily Dive Trips
- 2 Tank Dive Trip – $78
- Bubble Watcher (non-diver) – $35
- Trip price includes boat passage, weights and snacks (tanks not included).
- If if you don’t have your own tanks you may rent ours:
- Nitrox Tank Rental – $15 per tank
- Air Tank Rental – $10 per tank
- Usually our dive guides are shared between all the divers on the boat. If you prefer more personal service, or you are newly certified and want some extra assistance in and out of the water, you may request a private dive guide (trip fare not included in price).
- Private Dive Guide – $150
- We will schedule a 3-tank day trip (on weekdays) or a 1-tank night dive upon request:
- 3 Tank Dive Trip – $109
- 1 Tank Night Dive – $72
- Prices are per day. Equipment rentals are primarily for our boat guests, and need to be reserved when you book your trip.
- BCD Rental – $15
- Regulator & Computer – $15
- Mask, Fins & Booties – $15
- Wetsuit – $10
- Class prices include private instruction, equipment rental and boat fare.
- Discover SCUBA Diving – $250
- Private Open Water Diver Certification – $550 plus PADI eLearning*
- Private Advanced Open Water Certification – $400 plus PADI eLearning*
- *PADI eLearning is used for the academic portion, and the price is set by PADI.
- Please call for special rates for dive shops.
- **Check-in 1 hour prior to departure time**
- Monday – Friday: 10am departure
- Saturday & Sunday: 8am and 1pm departures
- 2 Tank Dive Trips are about 4 hours long