Call us at 561‑630‑0606 to reserve your spot
We offer daily 2 Tank Dive Trips off the coast of Palm Beach. We have lots of beautiful reefs to choose from, all within 30 minutes of the marina. During our 2 Tank Dive Trip, we either do 2 reef dives, or one wreck and one reef.
Dive Charter Trips
A typical trip on the Narcosis has a mixture of divers of all experience levels and interests. Underwater photographers, dive students, turtle lovers, shark seekers and nudibranch fans always want to go in different directions at different speeds. We have some reef sites that are 45-60ft, while others are deeper. If you are a novice and would like to stay in more shallow depths, ask for 60ft reefs when you reserve your spot. In August or September, if you would like to see the Goliath Groupers congregate during their mating season, request to go on a wreck dive.
SCUBA Diving Certification
In order to SCUBA dive, you must first be trained. You can either take a introduction class called Discover SCUBA Diving, or you can get your certification card by taking an Open Water Diver class. Once you have your Open Water Diver certification card, you can dive with any dive charter company in the world.
We have several PADI and NAUI instructors on staff, so we can provide the Discover SCUBA Diving intro class or Open Water Certification. All of our classes are private classes - either one‑on‑one, or with a group of your friends and family. With private instruction you can schedule each part of the class at a time convenient to you. Call us at 561‑630‑0606 for more information.
Dives in West Palm Beach are all Drift Dives because the Gulf Stream ensures that we almost always have current on the reefs. A drift dive is where the diver goes with the flow of the current, where no swimming is required. Divers relax and float over the reef, simply controlling their buoancy as they go. If for any reason a diver finds they are off the reef or gets separated from their group, the boat will pick up the diver at the surface, drive them back to the group and re‑drop them. This way the diver does not exert energy trying to fight a current. If you are new to drift diving and not yet comfortable descending and ascending on your own, please request a Private Dive Guide or a Drift Dive Specialty course during your reservation.
Safety Sausages and Dive Computers
In order for the boat to more easily spot you on the surface to pick you up after your dive, divers need a safety sausage (aka surface maker buoy). We require every diver on our boat to have a safety sausage and be knowledgeable in its use. If you don’t own one, you may buy or rent one from us.
All divers need to have a dive computer and should understand how their computer works. If you are renting gear from us, a member of our crew can advise you if you aren’t familiar with the brand.
Divers are dropped in small groups, each with a divemaster leading the group and towing a dive flag buoy. The boat tracks the dive flags and picks up the divers as they surface. The divemaster surfaces with the last diver, with a maximum dive time of 60 minutes. It is Florida law that all divers must stay within 300ft of the dive flag (if you get separated, surface, inflate your safety sausage, and wait for the boat). Our maximum group size is 8 certified divers. If you need more personal assistance, we recommend adding a Private Dive Guide to your reservation.
Fishing and Lobster Season
Many Florida locals like to fish for their dinner, which is a healthy sustainable practice. To ensure safety of all our divers, spear‑fishers are always dropped at a good distance away from the other divers. Lionfish are an invasive species in Florida, so it assists the health of the ecosystem to hunt for Lionfish while diving. Lobster Season is very popular and runs from late July/early August through March. If you are hunting for fish or lobster, we ask that you show us your valid Florida fishing license. Visit myfwc.com for information on instant licensing.
*Prices are subject to change at any time. 7% Florida sales tax is applied to all totals.
- 2 Tank Dive Trip – $80
- Bubble Watcher (non‑diver) – $35
- Trip price includes boat passage, weights and snacks (tanks not included).
- If you need the full package: the total for a 2 Tank Dive Trip, plus 2 Nitrox Tank Rentals, plus Full Equipment, plus tax is $149.80
- If if you don’t have your own tanks you may rent ours:
- Nitrox Tank Rental – $15 per tank
- Air Tank Rental – $10 per tank
Private Dive Guide
- Usually our dive guides are shared between all the divers on the boat. If you prefer more personal service, or you are newly certified and want some extra assistance in and out of the water, you may request a private dive guide (trip fare not included in price).
- Private Dive Guide – $150
- Prices are per day. Equipment rentals are primarily for our boat guests, and need to be reserved when you book your trip.
- Full Equipment – $30
- Individual Items:
- BCD Rental – $15
- Regulator & Computer – $15
- Mask, Fins & Booties – $15
- Wetsuit – $10
- Safety Sausage – $5
- Class prices include private instruction, equipment rental and boat fare (where applicable).
- Discover SCUBA Diving – $250
- Swimming Pool Refresher – $250
- Private Open Water Diver Certification – $550 plus PADI eLearning*
- Private Advanced Open Water Certification – $400 plus PADI eLearning*
- *PADI eLearning is used for the academic portion, and the price is set by PADI.
- **Check‑in 45 minutes prior to departure time**
- Monday – Friday: 10am departure
- Saturday & Sunday: 8am and 1pm departures
- 2 Tank Dive Trips are about 4.5 hours long